The first official Android 7 Nougat firmware for the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge is finally out. Samsung has just started to roll out the official Nougat update for both the Galaxy S6 SM-G920F and S6 Edge SM-G925F.
Nougat is the latest version of Android and has recently started to make its way to Samsung phones. After finishing updating the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge, Samsung is finally focusing on the Galaxy S6 and S6 edge. Full Nougat firmwares for the Galaxy S6 with SM-G920F model number and S6 Edge SM-G925F have been released and you can download and install them using Odin.
The Nougat firmware is based on Samsung’s own TouchWiz UX skin and is a major update for both smartphones. The user interface has changed quite a lot and the overall experience has gotten better. The launcher has been redesigned as well as the notification drawer for a simpler look.
How To Install Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware on Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge with Odin [TouchWiz]
Note: This guide has been tested and works without any issues. If you follow the instructions carefully, you will easily update your phone to Nougat. However, we are not responsible for any damage that might happen to your phone.
Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F
- Cyprus (CYV) | G925FXXU5EQBG
Other Important Downloads
- Download the firmware file and Odin on your computer.
- Unzip the firmware archive. You will get a “tar.md5” file. This is the file you will flash using Odin.
- Launch Odin and click on AP. Find and select the extracted firmware file.
- Take your phone and power it off. Press the volume down, home and power buttons to go to download mode.
- Connect your phone to your computer via USB.
- If the USB drivers are properly installed, the ID:COM box in Odin will turn blue.
- Click on the start button and wait for the firmware to install.
Since it is a full Android Nougat firmware, the installation process might take a few minutes. Once the firmware is installed, the phone will automatically reboot on the new firmware.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
- Install TWRP on 7.0 Nougat Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge
- Root 7.0 Nougat Firmware on Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge with SuperSU
- Download Samsung Galaxy S8 Stock Apps APK on TouchWiz Nougat/Marshmallow)
That is it on how to update your S6 and S6 Edge to official Android 7.0 Nougat by flashing the official firmware using Odin. If you experienced any issues, let us know below and we will help you.