The official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 edge has just arrived and we will be showing you how to properly flash the firmware if you don’t want to wait for the official OTA update. The T-Mobile variant of the Galaxy S6 edge comes with the model number SM-G925T.
The update with build number G925TUVU2COF6 is already rolling out and the usual way to update is by going to Settings > About Device and checking for an over the air OTA software update. However, Samsung releases OTA updates gradually, so it might take some time for Android 5.1.1 to reach your device.
Thankfully, the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop tar.md5 firmware is available already, and you can flash it using Odin. If you have a Samsung Galaxy S6 edge with model number SM-G925T, follow the guide below on how to flash Android 5.1.1.
How to install Android 5.1.1 on Galaxy S6 Edge (SM-G925T)
Note: Flashing Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware on your T-Mobile Galaxy S6 edge can cause serious issues, so please proceed with caution.
You need to download the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop zip file and Odin, the tool which will be used to flash the firmware.
- Turn the phone off. Make sure it is completely off.
- Press and hold the power, home and volume up buttons to boot into recovery. There, wipe data and perform a factory reset so the phone will not go into a bootloop.
- Press the volume down, home and power buttons at the same time to boot the device into download mode.
- Navigate to the download folder where the firmware and Odin zip files are located. Extract both files.
- Make sure that the firmware file has the tar.md5 extension.
- Open Odin on your computer and click the AP button.
- Select the tar.md5 firmware file and click start to begin the installation process. Make sure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are enabled.
Wait for the process to finish and the phone will automatically reboot. Enjoy the official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update on your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 edge (SM-G925T).