The Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge are two of the best smartphones you can buy in the market. They are powerful with excellent specifications. Well, that’s what you should expect from Samsung’s flagship devices, power and quality.
However, these two phones are not perfect. Both phones have been suffering from various issues. Most of the problems reported by users have been fixed by minor software updates but there is one issue that has yet to be fixed and that it high RAM usage management issue. Even though the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge come with 3 GB RAM, applications do not stay in the RAM memory for a long time. When a user switches from one app to another, the application launches again instead of continuing from where the user left.
A few weeks ago we published an article with general solutions on how to fix the memory issue on the Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge. Some users reported to fix the problem but now we have a detailed guide to fix the issue. Developers over at XDA have found a solution which fixes the memory issue on both devices. However, it involves editing the build.prop file so you must have root and a file manager.
How To Fix Memory Management Issue on Galaxy S6 & S6 edge
You must have a rooted Samsung Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 edge. If you do not have root access on your phone, you have a few solutions. You can root your devices using PingPongRoot or KingRoot. Both methods are ideal and will do the job.
- After you’ve made sure that your phone is rooted, you need to install a file manager like Root Explorer or ES File Explorer.
- Launch the file manager and go to the root of the storage.
- Head over to “System” and open “build.prop” file using a text editor.
- Scroll down until you find #DHA Properties and change the values as following:
- Now add these four lines just below the codes you just added.
ro.config.dha_th_rate=2.3 ro.config.dha_lmk_scale=0.545 ro.config.sdha_apps_bg_max=70 ro.config.sdha_apps_bg_min=8
- Now scroll down, find and delete these lines:
ro.config.dha_cached_max= ro.config.dha_empty_max= ro.config.dha_th_rate= ro.config.dha_lmk_scale=
- That is all you have to do. Optionally, you can add the following LMK values but a few users have reported issues, so it is not
- Save the file and reboot your phone.
Now your Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge should be faster and the RAM memory usage should be gone.