You can download the official firmware dumb of the Galaxy S5 right now. This means that very soon other devices will receive different features of the S5 thanks to porting. Even though the hardware inside the Galaxy S5 didn’t really impress us a lot, the user interface and all its features for sure did impress us.
Just like every new Galaxy S device, the GS5 packs a bunch of new features that are quite cool and interesting such as Selective Focus and Download Booster. The new firmware dumb will allow to extract and port all the awesome features, wallpapers, ringtones and applications of the S5.
This firmware dumb is based on the SM-G9009D version and the build date is 12 March 2014 and is a Chinese build. You can download the official build here.
Instructions of installation:
Note: This firmware is designed to be installed only on a Samsung Galaxy S5. Installing it in other devices such as Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3 might cause a hard brick.
1. Extract the downloaded file.
2. Connect the phone to your computer with a USB cable.
3. Turn off your phone and boot into Download Mode (Power + Home + Volume Down buttons)
4. Open Odin3 v3.09, select PDA and find the extracted file. Press the Install button.
5. Wait foe a few minutes. The device will automatically reboot. That’s it.