The European (International) variant of the Samsung Galaxy S5 has been updated to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Well, not officially. The CM team will be supporting the Samsung Galaxy S5 with CM13 builds from now on.
This makes it the second CM13 build that the Samsung Galaxy S5 receives. The first ROM was a beta unofficial build based on CM sources. The second ROM is created and developed by the CyanogenMod team. The build is nightly which means most of the things are working with the exception of some little undetected bugs.
CyanogenMod 13 is a modified version of stock Marshmallow. It comes with extra features and optimizations. And you can install it now on your Samsung Galaxy S5 (KLTE SM-G900F).
How To Install CyanogenMod 13 Nightly on Samsung Galaxy S5 (KLTE)
You need a custom recovery like TWRP or PhilZ to successfully install CM13 Nightly ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S5. Additionally, you will need Marshmallow Gapps package to enjoy all the Google apps and services.
Download both the ROM and Gapps on your computer and then transfer them to the internal storage of your Samsung Galaxy S5.
- Take your phone, press and hold the power button to turn it off.
- Press and hold the volume up, home and power buttons at the same time. This will put the phone into recovery mode.
- Now, make a Nandroid backup before flashing the new ROM.
- Wipe data, cache and perform a full factory reset.
- Go to ‘Install ZIP from SD Card’ and choose the CyanogenMod 13 file to flash.
- Then do the same things with Gapps package.
- Now reboot your phone.
Wait for the phone to boot up. Since this is a custom ROM based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, the first boot might take a while so be patient.