The CyanogenMod team has officially released CyanogenMod 12 Nightly build ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. The CM12 build is based on Android 5.0 Lollipop, the latest version. The bad thing is that it does not support all Galaxy Note 4 variants. It is available only for the European Exynos variant of the Galaxy Note 4 with model number SM-N910F.
This is a good news for all Galaxy Note 4 users living in Europe. Samsung is struggling a lot to provide an official Android 5.0 Lollipop Touchwiz update to the Galaxy Note 4. While you keep waiting for Samsung, why not try the beauty of stock Android Lollipop with the all new Material Design and smooth UI.
CM12 is a custom ROM created and developed by the CyanogenMod team. It has been around for many years, giving many devices the ability to enjoy the latest and greatest experience of stock Android. Now, it is time for all Galaxy Note 4 owners to get a taste from stock Lollipop.
The CM12 ROM is considered “nightly”. This means that it can be used as a daily driver if you can live with a few bugs occurring every now and then. It doesn’t have any serious bugs and everything works, including the camera, phone calls, 3G and everything that you could think of.
How To Install CM12 Lollipop ROM on Galaxy Note 4 Exynos (SM-N910F)
Things you need
Custom Recovery (TWRP Preferred)
Charge your battery to at least 60% or 70%
Installing the ROM
- Download the ROM and move it your phone. It should be in a zip file. Do not extract it.
- Once you’ve made sure that the ROM is located in the internal storage of your Note 4, turn it off.
- Press the volume up, home and power buttons to boot into recovery mode. There, wipe data and cache. This will prevent a possible bootloop.
- Go back and select “Install zip file” and choose the ROM.
- Flash the ROM.
- Do the same thing with the Gapps file.
Enjoy official CyanogenMod 12 Nightly ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910F) Exynos variant. It is quite stable and you will have no problems with it.