You can now download and flash the CyanogenMod 12.1 Android 5.1 Lollipop custom ROM on your Snapdragon variant of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, often known as SM-N910F and SM-N910G. You have heard it right. You can enjoy the pure Android 5.1 experience on your Note 4 using the CyanogenMod 12.1 ROM.
CyanogenMod 12.1 is the latest version of the ROM released by the Cyanogen team and it is based on Android 5.1 Lollipop, the latest mobile platform release by Google. It introduces a brand new Material Design user interface, faster performance and a lot of features that only experienced users can appreciate.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has been officially updated to Android 5.0 Lollipop thanks to an update that Samsung rolled out a few weeks ago. But once the users started enjoying Android 5.0, Google decided it was time to release Android 5.1. There is no news about the date when the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will be officially updated to Android 5.1 Lollipop TouchWiz firmware.
It may take weeks or even months. You know how Samsung is with software updates. If you can’t wait to enjoy the Android 5.1 experience on your Galaxy Note 4, there are a few methods that allow you to do so. The best way is to flash the popular CyanogenMod 12.1 custom ROM on your Galaxy Note 4. The ROM is created based on the CM12.1 branch by “kylothow”.
According to the first users who have gone ahead and installed the ROM, CyanogenMod 12.1 for this device is pretty much stable with every important feature working. The only problem at the moment is the camera, which fails to load sometimes.
How To Flash CyanogenMod 12.1 Android 5.1 Lollipop ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910F & SM-N910G)
Warning: Installing ROMs can be a dangerous process. This CyanogenMod 12.1 build is designed to be installed on the Snapdragon variant of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 with model number SM-N910F (trltexx) and SM-N910G (trltedt). Do not try installing the ROM on any other variants.
Installing the ROM
- Download the CyanogenMod 12.1 custom ROM and Google Gapps zip file on your phone. If you have downloaded the files on your PC, make sure to transfer them to your phone.
- Turn the phone off and make sure the screen is completely off.
- Press the Volume Up + Power + Home buttons at the same time to boot into custom recovery.
- If you are coming from another ROM, you need to wipe data and make a factory reset.
- Then select Install or Install ZIP from SD Card and select the ROM to flash.
- Then flash Android 5.1 Gapps using the recovery.
Wait for your phone to reboot and enjoy CyanogenMod 12.1 Android 5.1 Lollipop experience on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4.