AT&T has started its software streak, updating flagship devices to Android 5.0 Lollipop. Earlier today, we saw the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 receive the official Lollipop OTA update. Since a few users didn’t receive the OTA firmware download notification, they pulled out the OTA ZIP file for everyone to install the Lollipop update manually.
The same thing has been done with the AT&T HTC One M8. AT&T has begun rolling the official Android 5.0 Lollipop for the HTC One M8 a few days ago, but not all users are able to update. This comes as a result of the way the update release is handled. Instead of releasing it for all units at the same time, AT&T makes the update available for phones in batches. This means that you can get the OTA notification today, tomorrow or after one week.
Fortunately, just like with the Galaxy S4, users have managed to successfully take the Android 5.0 Lollipop OTA RUU file. You can download it on your computer and manually update your HTC One M8. The software number of the update is 4.28.502.1.
Install Android 5.0 Lollipop RUU 4.28.502.1 on AT&T HTC One M8
- Download Android 5.0 Lollipop RUU 4.28.502.1 for HTC One M8 (AT&T).
- Make sure to install the proper ADB drivers on your HTC One M8.
- Connect your One M8 to your PC with a USB cable.
- Run the RUU file to launch the setup menu.
- Follow all the instructions provided on the installation window.
- At the end, when the Lollipop RUU file has been applied to your phone, click “Finish”.
Now your phone will reboot and you will enjoy Android 5.0 Lollipop Sense 7 experience on your AT&T HTC One M8.