If you want to taste the latest version of Android, then follow the guide below to learn how to install Android Q Beta 3 ROM on the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G. Google announced the third version of the Android Q Beta builds at Google I/O. It has some new features such as Dark Mode, improved security, notifications, and a new gesture-based navigation system.
You can already install Android Q Beta 3 ROM on the Xiaomi Mi 9, and now you can do the same on the Mi Mix 3 5G. This phone has a 6.39″ display with a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels, Snapdragon 855 with Adreno 640 GPU and support for 5G technology, 6 GB RAM, 64/128 GB internal storage, dual 12 MP rear camera and a dual front-facing camera setup (24 MP and 2 MP), and a 3800 mAh battery.
If you want a change from the stock MIUI ROM and want to try the pure Android experience, follow the guide below to learn how to flash the Android Q ROM on the Mi Mix 3 5G.
How To Install Android Q Beta Build on Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G
Warning: This is a beta build and is not considered stable. It is designed for developers and people who want to test the latest and greatest products. The Beta build is not supposed to be used as a daily driver. Furthermore, we are not responsible if you damage or brick your phone during this process. Please proceed at your own risk.
1. The alarm does not ring when the device is switched off.
2. Device restarts after the user selects wireless projection device in the “Wireless display”.
3. Default print service stops after the device connects to WiFi to print photos from the gallery.
4. “Settings” app stops running after the user deactivates shortcut to mute the device.
5. “Settings” app stops running after the user selects “Gestures”.
6. “File” app stops running after a refresh.
7. Unable to switch color in settings.
8. “Settings” app crashes after “Automatic brightness” is selected.
- Backup the data on the phone before proceeding with the update. In case something goes wrong and your data is wiped, you can always restore the backup.
- Charge the phone to at least 50%-60%. This ensures that the phone will not power off during the update process.
- Download the MIUI ROM Flashing Tool. This is the program used to flash the Android Q Beta.
Download Android Q Beta for Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G
- Android Q Beta Developer Preview ROM | Download
Steps to install Android Q Beta on Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G
- Download the MIUI ROM flashing tool (MiFlash) and the Android 10 build for your phone. Extract both files.
- Press and hold the power button to turn your phone off.
- Enter Fastboot mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume down + Power buttons at the same time. Once the phone enters fastboot mode, connect it to your computer using a USB cable.
- Install the MIUI ROM flashing tool on your computer. Launch the program after it finishes installing.
- Click on Select and choose the folder where the extracted files of the ROM are located.
- Click on Refresh. Your phone should be listed alongside its ID number.
- Click on Flash.
The Android Q ROM will be installed shortly in your phone. The phone will automatically reboot when the installation process is finished. You can go ahead and test out all the new goodies and features of the latest Android version.