Download and install Android Q Beta ROM on OnePlus 6 and 6T right now. Google announced the third beta version of Android Q during the Google I/O conference. There were a few welcomed changes with the Beta 3 build such as night mode, improved security, smart replies, and full gestural navigation. The update can be downloaded and installed right now not only on Pixel devices but on non-Pixel phones as well.
Thanks to Project Treble, Google’s ambitious plan to make software updates faster easier, 21 devices are eligible for the new Android Q Beta program. Yes, you heard it correctly. Android Q can be downloaded right now and be installed on 21 phones. Two of these devices are the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T.
Follow the guide below how to flash the latest Android Q Beta 3 Developer Preview ROM on the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T. This is the first Android 10 ROM for these two devices before they get the official and stable version soon.
How To Flash Android Q Beta ROM on OnePlus 6 and 6T
This version of Android Q is designed to be supposed for developers and early adopters (those who want to test out the latest and greatest products before official release). As a result, the build is not stable and there are some known issues.
- Camera portrait mode does not work
- Ambient Display does not work
- Issues with system stability
- MTP cannot copy rollback from PC to phone
Warning: This is an experimental build and is in no shape or form considered stable. If you have no experience with flashing ROMs please do not proceed below. There is a high chance you will damage and brick your phone. If you understand what you are doing, please be very cautious and proceed at your own risk. We are not held responsible for any damage that might happen to your phone.
- Make sure you have at least 3 GB of free memory space.
- Charge your phone to at least 50%-60% before proceeding with the tutorial below.
- Make a full system backup of the data on your phone. The process below will wipe all data so be prepared.
Download Android Q Beta ROM for OnePlus 6 & 6T
Steps to flash Android Q Beta ROM on OnePlus 6 & 6T
- Make sure to download the correct ROM version for your phone and move it to the internal storage of your device. Do not mix the versions or you might end up bricking your phone.
- Go to Settings > System > System updates.
- Tap the settings icon at the top right-hand corner of the phone.
- Select Local Update/Local Upgrade and choose the Android Q Beta file.
- Tap on Install Now. The update will begin installing on your phone.
- Wait for the upgrade to be completed and tap Restart.
The phone will not boot into recovery mode. It will reset the phone, wipe all data, upgrade to Android Q and restart again. Once the phone boots up for the last time, you can set up the new version and enjoy all of the new features. Furthermore, you will receive OTA updates directly from OnePlus.