A few days ago Samsung released the first beta firmware based on Nougat, which is the latest version of Android. Nougat is expected to bring a plethora of new features and software optimizations, as well as a redesigned user interface called GraceUX.
Nougat is expected to officially roll out at the beginning of the next year, but it can be obtained on your phone right now by installing a leaked firmware using Odin.
It is true that Nougat really enhances the experience of using a Galaxy S7, thanks to enhanced performance, better RAM management and all the Android 7.0 software goodies that come with every Nougat build.
However, you can take it a step further by installing a custom recovery. If you have updated your Galaxy S7 to Nougat using Odin, then you might be familiar with custom recoveries, and especially TWRP. A custom recovery such as TWRP opens a whole new world of possibilities. A recovery makes it possible for a user to flash custom ROMs, add root access, kernels and more.
Below you can find the tutorial to learn how to download and install TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F running on a TouchWiz Android 7.0 Nougat firmware.
How To Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S7 G930F TouchWiz Nougat
- From the download link above, download the latest version of TWRP with the extension img.tar. That is the file that you will install on your phone.
- Launch Odin, click on “AP” and select the TWRP image file. Make sure the file ends with image.tar, otherwise it won’t work.
- Turn off your phone and put it into Download Mode. You can do so by pressing the volume down, home and power buttons.
- Connect your phone to your computer with a USB cable. If Odin recognizes the phone, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn blue.
- Now click the Start button and wait. The file will take a few seconds to install.
Once Odin finishes flashing the image file, the phone will reboot itself and it will show the home screen in a few seconds. Now you have to turn off the phone again, and put it into recovery mode (volume up, home and power buttons).
You will be greeted with the new TWRP home screen. Enjoy TWRP on your Galaxy S7 G930F running on TouchWiz Nougat firmware.