Samsung has started to update Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge devices to official Android 7.0 Nougat builds. A few days Samsung started to gradually release OTA updates for the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge, and now we have the full Nougat firmware for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge with SM-G925F model number.
Nougat is the latest Android update and Samsung phones have just started to receive it. After the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge, it is time for the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge to get a piece of official TouchWiz Nougat experience.
Android 7.0 Nougat (G925FXXU5EQBG) has a variety of new features compared to the old version; the performance has improved over Marshmallow, and RAM management seems to have gotten better. The screen resolution of the phone can be reduced in order to save battery life, toggles have been repositioned for a cleaner look and video along audio quality have been enhanced thanks to Video Enhancer.
Below you can find the download link of the G925FXXU5EQBG firmware, based on Android 7.0 Nougat for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (SM-G925F), as well as the installation guide if you do not know how to install it.
How To Install G925FXXU5EQBG TouchWiz Nougat Firmware on Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925F
Note: This guide has been tested and works correctly. If you follow the guideline correctly, you will successfully update your S6 Edge to Nougat. However, we are not responsible if something wrong happens to your phone.
- Nougat Firmware for Galaxy S6 Edge (SM-G925F) | Download
- USB Drivers for Galaxy S6 Edge | Download
- Odin Flashing Tool | Download
- Make sure to install the USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Download the Nougat firmware and unzip it. You will receive a “tar.md5” file.
- Unzip the Odin package and launch the program. Click on AP and select the extracted Nougat firmware.
- Grab your phone, turn it off, and press the power, home and volume down keys at the same time to go to download mode.
- Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable. One of the boxes in Odin should turn blue.
- Click the start button on Odin and wait.
Now the firmware will start installing on your phone. It will take a few minutes so be patient. Once the installation process finishes, the phone will reboot on the new firmware. Enjoy your Galaxy S6 Edge G925F with the latest TouchWiz Nougat firmware.