FrancoKernel is now available for the OnePlus X and you can download and install it right now. One of the most popular developers at the forums, “franciscofranco” has recently created a version of the kernel for the OnePlus X.
FrancoKernel is a custom kernel for a number of Android phones, now including the OnePlus X as well. A custom kernel is a must if you want to take full advantage of your phone. A custom kernel grants you rights and access that you normally don’t have with a stock kernel.
Things such as overclocking and changing various system settings are not available with a stock kernel. Here are some of the features of FrancoKernel:
- Amazing battery life
- Interfaces like display adjustments, sound control, and vibration control
- Reduced idle power consumption
- Support for FKUpdater’s Performance Profiles
- Seemless integration with FKUpdater
- Great support from the developer for any issues you might have
FrancoKernel is a great kernel to install on your phone if you want exceptional battery life and other options as well.
How To Install FrancoKernel on OnePlus X
In order to install FrancoKernel on your phone, you need to have a custom recovery such as TWRP. You can’t install it without a custom recovery, unless you have root.
- Download the kernel file and move it to your phone.
- Turn off the phone and use your preferred method to go to recovery mode.
- While in recovery, flash the kernel file.
Reboot your phone and you are done. You have successfully installed FrancoKernel on your OnePlus X. Enjoy!