How to install stock official Samsung Galaxy S4 firmwares with ODIN
After tying many custom ROMs, mods and themes you want to go back to the official and stock firmware that the Samsung Galaxy S4 comes with. And you want to do this for various reasons: installing a custom ROM avoids the warranty and installing a stock firmware returns it or you want to do this because the ROM you have installed may not be very stable .
Download Samsung Galaxy S4 firmwares here
Here’s the guide on how to install stock firmware on your Galaxy S4:
1. Power off Samsung Galaxy S4.
2. Press and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
3. Go and select factory and data reset.
4. Then press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power button at the same time.
5. Press Volume Up button when warning prompt.
6. Odin download mode will be loaded.
5. Connect USB cable to your phone.
7. At PC, extract firmware .tar (or .tar.md5) file that you downloaded to Firmware folder.
8. Then bring up Odin3.07. Download odin 3.07 here
9. Click on PDA. Select the .tar (or .tar.md5) at Firmware folder.
10. Click Start then.
11. Remove USB cable from your phone when you see green PASS!
That’s it. You have successfully installed stock official firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S4.
Latest posts by Ronaldo (see all)
- Watch Official Live Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Unpacked Episode 2 Event Here - 2 September, 2014
- How To Turn Talkback Off When You’re Stuck Android - 2 September, 2014
- Install Smooth Scrolling Mod On OnePlus One - 2 September, 2014