Every time you miss a phone call or receive a new text message on your Galaxy S4, a small notification appears on the the lock screen. The only reason why this is useful is because this way you know what you have missed or received, but that is it. This widget doesn’t do anything else.
You can’t tap it to go to the dialer nor you can swipe it away. This becomes very annoying for many users who use custom apps like DashClock to handle missed calls and messages because it overrides the app’s notifications showing up first on the lock screen.
That’s why many of you want to prevent this notification from appearing on the lock screen. The best way is to completely disable the widget. You can do so by installing this Xposed Mod. This mod disables missed calls & new messages notifications so you no longer have to worry about overriding your custom app’s notifications.
Enabling this mod is very simple. First of all you have to install Xposed Framework (If you haven’t already installed it). Install the mod you downloaded above and open Xposed Settings. There simply find the installed mod and enable it. That’s it. It is recommended to reboot your phone because this mod might not work without restarting your phone.
This mod is compatible with both versions of Galaxy S4: GT-I9500 and GT-I9505.
- Reset Flash Counter on KitKat Galaxy S4 & Note 3
- Clean Old Kernel Settings and Files on Galaxy S4
- Increase Galaxy S4 Screen Sensitivity on CyanogenMod (How To)
- How to Minimize Lag When Playing Games on Galaxy S4
- How to Enable Slow Motion Video Recording on Galaxy S4 & Note 3
- Download Galaxy Note 3 Incoming Call Notifications for Galaxy S3
- Download Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware for Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005
- Best Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROMs for Galaxy S4 & Galaxy S3
- Galaxy S3 and Note 2 Receiving Official KitKat Update in 2 Months
- How To Enable Download Booster on Galaxy S4 KitKat TW