The latest update for LineageOS builds has introduced a few new major changes. Ever since LineageOS started producing custom ROMs, the development team has been continuously updating all the builds, fixing all possible bugs and introducing new features.
A new feature that was added on the latest version of LineageOS builds is the “Single Hand Mode” feature. This mode allows users to use their phones easier and in a more comfortable way. This is a very popular feature especially on devices with big screens. It is essentially impossible to use a big-screen smartphone with just one hand. It requires both hands to properly use a big phone.
LineageOS’ “Single Hand Mode” fixes this issue. It allows users to shrink the screen down to the left or the right side of the phone, and it gives the opportunity to use the phone single-handed, hence the name. The good thing is that it doesn’t matter if you are left or right-handed, because you can choose to shrink the screen down to the left or right side.
How To Enable LineageOS Single Hand Mode And Shrink Screen Down
Devices with on-screen navigation buttons
- Unlock your phone and go to the home screen.
- Swipe left or light from the home button key to enable single-handed mode.
- Swiping left or right changes the direction whether the screen shrinks down on the left or on the right side.
Devices with hardware keys
- Unlock your phone and go to the settings menu.
- Scroll down to buttons and select the trigger for this mode.
That is it. Now you can use the one-handed mode on your LineageOS phone. To go back to the original screen size, simply swipe to the opposite side. Enjoy!